A method of determining pay based on an analysis of the impact of various types of work demand.
Schemes of this type are based on / entail:
- The identification of the range of tasks and activities undertaken;
- The analysis of this information to identify the work demands they entail;
- The development of a template for assessing the differential impact of work demands;
- The application of a series of value judgements on the relative worth of the various types of demand, to derive a rank order of jobs.
- The derivation of a payment structure based on the latter.
It is widely accepted that job evaluation schemes of this type are compatible with the legislative requirements. Also, in practice, most Independent Experts have adopted a similar approach in their reports on a question of equal value, albeit limited to the first four steps listed above.